Costs to Expect API v2.00.0, well v2.00.1

Yesterday was release day; I released v2.00.0 of the Costs to Expect API and pushed two minor updates to the Costs to Expect Website and Web app.

Other than two minor issues, the releases went better than I expected. I did release a small hotfix that fixes one of the problems as it was publically visible, the other will get resolved in v2.01.0.

I have two Postman monitors that run daily; I also run these regularly during development to try and ensure I don’t break anything. Collection one contains all the HTTP requests the Website makes; collection two is more thorough and has HTTP requests for nearly all API endpoints. The two collections include around 1200 tests, these test the HEADERS, returned status codes and the response body. There were no tests for the issues; they slipped through the net. I have added a ticket to my tracker to add tests to catch any possible regressions.

My Postman collections are far from perfect; they give me some confidence, but as is evident based on the v2.00.1 release, there are still gaps.

I’m going to work on improving the monitors, for the last six months, anytime a feature gets added to the API, a test gets added to the relevant collection. Testing is going to be especially important when I start developing the app in a few weeks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *