Slight delay to phase two

I had planned to start developing the Costs to Expect service during the summer, as always, there be a slight delay. We decided that rather than steam ahead with new development, it made sense to deal with some of the technical debt.

Looking at the planner, I’ve got somewhere between two and four weeks of development to complete depending on how much debt we decide to pay back.

As it stands today, our release plans are as below;

Costs to Expect API

  • v1.21.0 – Similar to the latest release, prep work and refactoring.
  • v1.22.0 – PATCH support for categories, subcategories, resource types and resources.
  • v1.23.0 – Summaries for categories, subcategories, resource types and resources
  • v1.24.0 – Add support for permitted users.

Costs to Expect website

  • v1.10.0 – General housekeeping and prep.
  • v1.11.0 – Authentication

Phase two of the Costs to Expect service should begin after the above is complete. Phase two is a migration project; the functionality that exists in the web-app needs to be migrated to the website. My Wife will then be able to use the website full time, and the web-app can be taken offline.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *