I have released v3.00.0 of my PHP Quill renderer; the rewrite only took three weeks, I expected it to take a little longer, but once I put fingers to keyboard, it came together very quickly.
I had a significant head start when I started the rewrite, I had the design down on paper, and I had the unit tests from v2.03.1, it can never be over-stated, when your library has good test coverage working on an almost complete rewrite is a joy.
I’m hoping v3.00.0 will be well received; I’ve had more emails than I would have expected from other developers asking for progress, raising bugs and thanking me, developers appear to be using it.
The new design is much more flexible than v2.03.1; it should make it simple for me to support the rest of the features in Quill without continually adding hacks, a colleague at work helped pushed me in the right direction.
I now need to work on the v3.01.0 release to tidy up a few issues and then create a simple demo site to show live use; the one-page website will display a Quill editor, the delta after submission and the output in the requested format as well as the PHP code itself.
v3.00.0 supports all the features present in v2.03.1; it fixes the issue with paragraphs sitting next to lists and paragraphs being ignored and includes additional test coverage.